Tuesday, October 28, 2008

trips, returns, and documentation (pictures!)


This weekend I went to visit my wonderful friend Shannyn in Norwich.

There was silliness and weird shenanigans.

Shannyn is in a circus society, and I met her friends from there. I also went to a meeting and learned some poi! It's pretty awesome-fun.

Nicole is also up for the week. She is studying in France, but has a week off.

Norwich is a very cool city, and good times were had by all.

Apparently the UEA folks don't have much work. This made me feel better, as I am constantly concerned I'm not doing enough. Especially as I didn't do anything last week... However, this morning I was doing a review of class notes that professors put up on DUO (our version of blackboard), and found a practice test for Artefacts and Materials. The questions are so specific! I'm definitely meant to be doing much much much more studying than I am. Here's to a week of hermitism.

After a very long train ride, in which I was stuck behind a guy who smelled really truly awful (a mixture of stale chinese food and what was probably some sort of drug - it made me feel ill, anyway), I arrived in Durham and was surprised by how familiar it was. It astounds me how quickly we adapt. I was worried that it was taking me a long time - I'm not anymore. The amount of affection I have for this town is absurd. There's nothing like leaving and then returning to make you appreciate a place. Seriously, Durham is breathtaking.

And so, some pictures from yesterday afternoon:

Right outside the trainstation
View of city from above
...


Bridge leading into the center of town
& the Norman castle
...


view from the bridge
& Durham Cathedral
...


square in the center of the city
...


view from my window
rainbows when I return
appropriate, no?
...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in a beautiful place! Get lots of pictures of the castle and surrounding areas and you will have drawing ideas for life! WOW