Friday, September 12, 2008

Kinks in Plans and Organs

infection

So, I've been in the hospital for the past few days witha kidney infection, and apparently a kidney stone? What? This makes no sense to me. I'm doing ok now, but am still tired, grumpy, and irritable as I recover. This has definitely put a kink in my plan to pack and clean and do good things for the world. Ah well.

Before I was buckled over in pain, I actually finished a painting. A painting that was made not in a book, but with the idea that people look at it! I can't post pictures though, because it's a surprise.

I've also been wrecking my journal. This page said to cover it in circles. I like circles and dots - they come up a lot. So, I decided to focus on the covering part. Circles I can do, with lots of appealing space. Against my instincts at various points, I just kept going. Of course a strange little voice kept popping up telling me that I'd "ruin" it, which is silly considering the journal. but hey, that's why we wreck things. To find those silly little voices and gleefully step on their toes. In the most caring, thankful of manner, of course.


Wreck This Journal p 17


Only ONE WEEK until I see Alex!
Which means only two and a half weeks until I go to England? Yikes.

No comments: