Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wreck This Journal

I got a new plaything the other day. It's a book by Keri Smith called "Wreck This Journal." The subtitle is "to create is to destroy." In the front of the book there's a warning:

"Warning: during the process of this book you will get dirty. You may find yourself covered in paint, or any other number of foreign substances. You will get wet. You may be asked to do things you question. You may grieve for the perfect state that you found the book in. You may begin to see creative destruction everywhere. You may begin to live more recklessly."

It's really a lot of fun. And so, some pictures.








(getting ready to burn!)













Hm, wow. That's a lot of pictures for one post. I had quite a backlog, though. I've had this blog for a few days but have been too lazy/scared to actually post things. Once I get into a habit of uploading pictures as I go, they will be less overwhelming I suspect. One of the things this journal looks to explore is impermanence. So, since I'm going to be doing things like taking it in the shower with me, I thought it would be fun to record-as-I-go. From now on I'll also include observations and more commentary on the experiments.

No comments: