Sunday, September 7, 2008

Outside Journaling


As I mentioned in my first post, I've been going on an art rampage. This is fueled and consists mostly of art journaling. My favorite spot to journal is outside. On my left, you can see pictures of the mess I make. The outside is just so large. There's always room for me there. Also, it's easier to wildly paint with the breeze and sun. In any case, this is what I've been doing instead of actually communicating with people. In a way it's bad, because it gives me a perfect excuse to be alone. I shouldn't be able to settle into solitude so comfortably. It makes me lazy when it comes to upholding actual relationships. It's also good though, because it's important to be comfortable alone. And hey - art - outside - awesome. Anyway, you can see more of my art journal pages at my flickr, but here are a few examples that I've done in the past two or three days (didn't go outside yesterday, as I was reading in my screen porch listening to rain).

Today I hope to journal outside again, as it feels weird not having done it for even just one day. I need to snap out of this lethargy. I'm also going to practice driving today; hopefully I'll actually get my driver's license finally. I'm twenty years old and can't legally drive. Well, with the whole gas thing I guess it's really not so bad. However, I'd like the freedom. Not that I would drive everywhere, but knowing that I COULD would be nice. I have a test scheduled for the 16th, wish me luck.

Besides journaling, I'm also currently working on two different painting projects. One is of Alex and I, and the other is just a girl. The one of Alex and I is fairly realistic (I cheated and used the square method on a picture of us), so I felt the need to do something a bit more imaginative. So that's why. They're turning out nicely, although I'm too careful with them.















This one I did last night and this morning. Just a quick drawing of my Rascal-kitty perching on my hip. She does that a lot.









No comments: