Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nervey Butterflies

My last few days have been this:






>>When I failed my drivers test I played with buttons and ribbons, and came up with this. Now my journal is sparkly and fun to play with. It can also hold notes with paperclips. I'm going to try to put notes on every once in a while to remind me what I want to focus on at that time. It's a sort of pre-painting-motivation thing. Mostly, though, I just like the interaction of being able to PAPERCLIP things to the front of my journal! Oh how I love office supplies...

Thanks to Suzi Blu for the hole + ring idea, and thanks to iHanna for getting me to break out the buttons! I made a bracelet in the same vein as her post here, and it's pretty awesome. Different colored buttons and brown ribbon. I forgot how fun it is to be able to actually wear something you've made.

Today I DID pass my drivers test, and am now all licensed up. I have real I.D.! Hurrah!

Less than two weeks until I leave. Yikes.

Not much more to say. Another picture-heavy post, I apologize.

Some more random journal pages (+ a negatized version):

1 comment:

Rowena said...

congratulations on passing your drivers test! And those are wonderful butterflies in your journal...I wonder what will become of them when they transform?

What an adventure you are going on. And now you have a gorgeous journal to document those adventures.